Minneapolis Dog Bite Lawyers
According to the American Veterinary Medical Association, 500,000 to one million dog bite victims require medical attention each year. Of those victims, 60% are children. Other frequent dog bite victims are the elderly and home service people such as mail carriers and meter readers.
The dog bite lawyers at Fay & Associates can help if you or someone you love has been attacked by a vicious animal. Some things to keep in mind when coming into contact with a strange dog or other animal include:
- Don’t run past a dog. Dogs love to chase things and running past them will encourage them to become excited and chase after you.
- Don’t approach a dog that is confined to an area or tied to chain. The dog may feel threatened and attack to defend itself.
- If a dog approaches you, stay still. In most cases, after sniffing you, the dog will determine that you are not a threat, and it will move away.
- If you are threatened by a dog, remain calm. Don’t scream, and if you say anything speak calmly and firmly. Also, avoid eye contact as the dog may perceive this as a challenge.
- If you fall or are knocked to the ground, curl into a ball with your hands over your head and neck. This will allow you to protect your face.
St. Paul Personal Injury Attorneys
At Fay & Associates, LLC. we understand how traumatic a dog attack can be. We work actively on our clients behalf to ensure that s/he receives the best recovery possible in the least amount of time. We don’t settle for anything less than what is in our clients best interest. Contact our Minneapolis injury attorneys at 612-333-6900 for a free consultation regarding your accident and your rights.